Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Enough BS Already

I thought when I came home from Newton, KS, last week I'd spend a day or two in the shop getting my equipment and paperwork in order and then be on my merry way back to Wisconsin. That's apparently not what the office had in mind.  

When I got there this morning they had several people lined up to go do county spraying, those people did not include me or a few others there. Basically we were left to figure out what to do with the rest of the day ourselves, which wasn't much (I spent it getting my stuff in order). Figuring they had too many people and not enough projects I went and talked to the man in charge to see if they really needed me since I want to get back to Wisconsin. This is what he says to me:

"Oh, I don't know if we can let you go, I mean we have some stuff to do here. Yeah, most of the days there won't be much to do and you'll just kind of stand around here doing nothing, but there will be a few days where we really need you to fill in for someone."

I said I'm still renting a place and paying for it in WI, it makes no sense for me to do that and stay up here and do nothing, if they need me bad they can call me and I can come back up to do a little more spraying.

"Well, I don't know, I know there's a lot of down time, but we really need you just in case you have to fill in, I mean, we should be all done by the end of October after the fall meeting, but we may need you here. If you want to use your [32 hours of] paid time off to get things together in Wisconsin you can do that."

At this point I realized I was talking to a complete fool and went back to work on my equipment figuring I'd probably never step foot in that place again except to hand in my last time card. What a bunch of BS! What a fucking idiot! They would rather pay me $13/hour to stand around and do nothing on the off chance they may need me rather than not pay me anything to go back to Wisconsin! And I even offered to come out and spray for a few weeks if that plan goes through, no deal! 

I've had enough of this place and their BS, they have no communication, no plans, no organization, you're all just expected to jump at whatever dumb ass idea they come up with at the moment. They tried to send one guy on the road for 4 weeks straight from the shop, where he had been working days, without even considering he didn't have a bag packed for the road! A college student on my crew who informed the office months in advance when he had to be back to school was told he'd have to miss the first week of college because they couldn't get him back home (which was total BS and I sent him home regardless of what that idiot in our office said). They consider a big raise 25 cents and have tried to get people to be crew leader for $11.25/hour. And then they can't figure out why they have such a high turnover rate!

I've had enough of this BS. I'd rather starve than work there anymore, I'd much rather sit on my ass at home and do nothing than get paid to sit on my ass and do nothing at their shop, 10 hours away from my bed, my books, my photos, my friends. Eff that! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's pretty much super lame. i'd probably just walk, personally. but then, i'm a rash person and make decisions without always necessarily thinking them out.

i think you need to do what's best for you at this point. obviously being in all this stress is really taking a toll and i don't think that it's worth it anymore. well, it never was, but i just can't see where you being frustrated and annoyed and angry all the time is worth anything that they could give you.

i think it's time for lewis to take care of lewis.